Avene Thermal Water spray @ A Beauty Palette Indian blogger
Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water- Review, Price and 6 Ways You’ll Love Using It!
I’ll be reviewing the Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water today. I had purchased this a few weeks back and talked a little about it in my June Favourites. But today I’ll be discussing it in detail; what it does, why it has become a permanent product in my skincare regimen, if it is the right product for you and 6 ways in which you can use it. But before I move onto the review, let us see what the brand claims about this product.
Soothes redness associated with inflammation
• Calms itching sensations
• Rich in silicate and trace elements
• Low salt mineral content does not dry out the skin
• pH 7.5 – perfect balance of anions and cations
• Sterile packaging– bacteriologically pure
• Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
• Protected by a tamper-proof seal
Rs 550 (50mL)/ Rs 1090 (150mL)
The product comes in a white spray can-like packaging. The lid of the can fits snugly onto the body so there is no chance of accidental spillage. I have the smaller version (50mL) of this product and because of its small, compact size and light-weight, it is very convenient to carry it in the handbag.
The nozzle creates a fine, uniform mist and you need 2-3 sprays to cover your entire face. This product has been much talked about and indicated in many dermatological conditions as well as daily skincare which you can read more about here.
Having a sensitive skin myself, I have been introduced to the concept of thermal spa/spring waters in the past to calm my irritation prone skin. And here are my thoughts on this product.
– It looks and feels exactly like water. Unlike many other spa waters, when used on the skin, it doesn’t leave any salty residue behind which can have a dehydrating effect on the skin. Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water, on the other hand, actually has a mild hydrating effect and thus is a great supplement to your moisturiser.
– If you have a sensitive skin like mine, you’ll know how annoying it is to have a suddenly irritated skin without any obvious reason. At those times, I just pull this spray out and lightly spritz it on my face. It calms the irritation and brings down the redness (if any) within a few seconds.
– The water is pH balanced so it doesn’t disturb the skin’s natural pH.
WAYS TO USE IT
1. Just before applying your moisturiser– The product has a mild hydrating effect and preps the skin to absorb the moisturiser in an even better way. The result is a calm, plump, hydrated skin.
2. During the day– The spring water feels refreshing on the skin and using it during the day wakes up and refreshes tired skin immediately.
3. To soothe irritation/inflammation on the skin– This is my favourite way to use it and I am sure anyone with a sensitive skin will love it too! Even if you don’t have a sensitive skin, procedures like bleaching, waxing, threading, razor and scrubbing can sometimes leave the skin inflammed, irritated and to feel a burning sensation. Using this spray calms the skin and it gets rid of that sensation.
4. After makeup– It doesn’t work as good as a setting spray but it does help in blending the foundation lightly and taking away all its powderiness. But whenever using it for this purpose, make sure to hold the spray slightly far way so only a small quantity of the product lands on the skin, otherwise it might ruin the makeup
5. To soothe sunburns– During these hot summer days, being out in the sun can lead to a sore sunburnt skin. Spritzing this spray as soon as you reach home prevents & manages it and cools the skin down.
6. For any dermatological conditions– People suffering from rosacea, eczema and other dermatological problems can highly benefit from this product as it helps bring down the redness and lightly hydrates the skin.
Avene Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water is a boon for those with a sensitive skin. It calms the irritation, brings down any redness, does not leave any residue behind and has a hydrating effect on the skin. It is not a cosmetic product and anyone who has a sensitive skin or wants to get something to soothe irritated skin should purchase this. I can’t say for those blessed with a normal skin but those with a sensitive skin NEED this in their skincare regimen. Highly recommended!
Read the article here http://abeautypalette.com/avene-eau-thermale-thermal-spring-water-review...